With a population of 400 million people, 98% of the American people are idiots or are affected by one. That leaves 2%, or about 8 million of us who are aware of what is really going on and are taking steps to prepare and protect our families from problems we did not create. Don’t believe Americans are idiots? Just look at the shows on televison to get an idea of what Americans think is entertaining. Real Housewives of Miami, Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, The Amazing Race, Cops, The Big Bang Theory, etc. These shows provide more of a distraction from government activities than they do entertainment. Then you have distractions like The Grammy’s, The Academy Awards, Super Bowl, World Series, NBA Championships, NHL Championships, NASCAR, U.S. Open, the list goes on! When Real issues like taxes, gun control, abortion, the economy, inflation, The Federal Reserve and on and on present themselves the American people are clueless. Not only do they not have any idea of what the solutions could be but they don’t even have a basic understanding of what the real questions are. This is partly due to the media and partly due to the dumbing down of our educational system. Let’s take gas prices which are effecting everyone right now. Most Americans think that rising oil prices are being caused by greedy oil companies and speculaors on Wall St. I am sure that has a small effect on the price but not much. Oil demand is down 6% year over year and inventories are at a 6 month high, so supply and demand fundamentals are not driving prices right now. So what is? Ben Bernanke and his magic money making machine the printing press! Interest rates are at 0% so people are not making money by leaving their money in the bank or investing in T-bills which means they have to put that money in tangibles like oil and other commodities to protect their money from inflation and try to eek out some kind of income. This is causing the rise in prices of gas, oil, food, gold, silver, etc. to begin to accelerate. Paper currencies across the world are losing their purchasing power against real assets that cannot be increased by fiat. However when you try and explain this to the average American on the street their eyes gloss over and they stare at you with a blank look. Let’s talk about taxes! Last year the Republicans wanted to extend the tax cuts and the Democrats wanted to let them expire. What difference does it make? None I assure you. If you tax all Americans 100% of their income for a whole 10 years straight we still could never pay off the debt and if you did away with the income tax, which is unconstitutional anyway (The U.S. Supreme Court, in 1895, ruled unconstitutional a federal law containing income taxes), Americans would still get taxed from Bernanke’s printing press as much as the government wanted. However if you ask them who was wearing what at the Academy Awards last night they could tell you that plus who won what and in which category. LOL! This all just amazes me and hopefully we will all wake up someday from this bad dream. I am glad that there are people like Chris Duane and others that post articles and video’s here that are helping to wake people up and keep those of us who are already awake, from banging our heads too hard against the wall!